- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
We've got the perfect gift for every kind of dad this Father's Day.Father's Day
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Wright's Bread Mix Mixed Grain 500g
over 1 month *
The Wright's family mill has been making fine flour since 1867. Our baking range is made from our best flours & finest ingredients. You just need to add water & follow the simple instructions for delicious fresh bread & rolls. This mix contains nine types of grains & seeds which give this bread its distinctive taste. You can also add ingredients of your own - such as sultanas, nuts and apple to make a delicious muesli loaf. Also suitable for making pizza bases.
- Speciality / Vegetarian / Food Cupboard / Home Baking
- Food Cupboard / Home Baking Ingredients / Bread Making / Bread Mix
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Wholemeal & Granary Flour / Granary Flour
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Bread Flour & Yeast / Bread Mix
Store in a cool, dry place
Freezing: The baked product is suitable for home freezing.
Prepare & Use
Baking by hand:
All you need is: 500g Wright's bread mix & 290ml (10.25fl oz) of lukewarm water.
1. Place mix in a bowl or food mixer, add water & mix together for 5 minutes to form a ball of dough.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface & leave for 5 minutes. Knead & stretch for 2 minutes. Mould into a ball, rest for 5 minutes.
3. Shape the dough & place on a greased baking tray or large (2lb) loaf tin. For rolls, divide into 10 pieces.
4. Cover with damp cloth or cling film & leave to rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Uncover & bake in the oven, preheated to 230°C (450°F) or 210°C (410°F) for fan assisted ovens or Gas Mark 8, 30 minutes for a loaf, 15 minutes for rolls, or until golden brown.
Tip: The bread is baked when it is golden brown on top & the base sounds hollow when tapped.
Baking in a bread machine:
Add the bread mix & water according to the following size machines:
Machine Size 400g (1lb), Bread Mix 250g, Water 150ml.
Machine Size 600g (1.5lb), Bread Mix 350g, Water 210ml.
Machine Size 800g (2lb), Bread Mix 500g, Water 300ml.
Consult your bread making machine manual to confirm the capacity & bake on Rapid or Normal setting.
G. R. Wright & Sons Ltd.,
Ponders End Mills,
Paper bag recyclable..
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Sesame, Oats, Yeast
Wheat Flour, Kibbled Malted Wheat (7%), Oat Flakes (5%), Rye Flour, Malt Flour (from Wheat & Barley), Sesame Seeds (2.5%), Dried Yeast, Brown Sugar, Salt, Cooked Kibbled Rye (1%), Cooked Kibbled Wheat (1%), Poppy Seeds (1%), Linseed (0.8%), Sunflower Seeds (0.6%), Chickpea Flour, Kibbled Pearl Barley (0.4%), Emulsifier: E472e, Dextrose, Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical values||per 100g||Per Average Slice (45g)|
|of which sugars||3.2g||1.4g|
|of which saturates||0.9g||0.4g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 21-May-2013 at 00:11. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.