- Smart Pass
Things taste better when they're in season. Tuck into this season's fruit and veg.Fruit & Veg
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 1/3 on RRP.Special Buys
Wright's Malty Bread Mix 500g
over 1 month *
Price per kg: £2.18
Ideal by hand or bread machine.
Just add water.
The Wright's family mill has been making fine flour since 1867. Our baking range is made from our best flours & finest ingredients. You just need to add water & follow the simple instructions for delicious fresh bread & rolls. This mix contains malted wheat flakes & malted barley flour to give this bread a rich malty aroma & taste. Also suitable for making pizza bases.
- Speciality / Vegetarian / Food Cupboard / Home Baking
- Food Cupboard / Home Baking Ingredients / Bread Making / Bread Mix
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Bread Flour & Yeast / Bread Mix
Store in a cool, dry place. The baked product is suitable for home freezing.
Prepare & Use
Baking by hand.
All you need is: 500g Wright's bread mix & 315ml (11fl oz) of lukewarm water.
1. Place mix in a bowl or food mixer, add water & mix together for 5 minutes to form a ball of dough.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface & leave for 5 minutes. Knead & stretch for 2 minutes. Mould into a ball, rest for 5 minutes.
3. Shape the dough & place on a greased baking tray or large (2lb) loaf tin. For rolls, divide into 10 pieces.
4. Cover with damp cloth or clingfilm & leave to rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Uncover & bake in the oven, preheated to 230ºC (450ºF) or 210ºC (410ºF) for fan assisted ovens or Gas Mark 8, 30 minutes for a loaf, 15 minutes for rolls, or until golden brown.
Tip: The bread is baked when it is golden brown on top & the base sounds hollow when tapped.
Baking in a bread machine
Add the bread mix & water according to the following size machines:
Machine Size 400g (1lb), Bread Mix 250g, Water 160ml.
Machine Size 600g (1.5lb), Bread Mix 350g, Water 230ml.
Machine Size 800g (2lb), Bread Mix 500g, Water 320ml.
Consult your bread making machine manual to confirm the capacity & bake on Rapid or Normal setting.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
G. R. Wright & Sons Ltd.,
Ponders End Mills,
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Yeast
- May Contain: Sesame
Wheat Flour, Malted Wheat Flakes (13%), Wheat Bran, Malted Barley Flour (2.1%), Dried Yeast, Salt, Vegetable Fat (Unhydrogenated Palm & Rapeseed Oils), Chickpea Flour, Emulsifier: E472e, Dextrose, Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).
|Typical values||per 100g||Per Average Slice (45g)|
|of which sugars||2.5g||1.1g|
|of which saturates||0.6g||0.3g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.