Young's Battered Calamari Frozen 250g
Prime Line-Caught Squid rings from the South atlantic Ocean, lightly coated in a Light & Crispy Batter.
The Squid in our Battered Calamari is line-caught using time-honoured methods in the icy waters of the South Atlantic, off the coast of Argentina.
They are frozen at their best, immediately after leaving the water, to preserve the quality of their texture and taste.
From the South Atlantic via Grimsby to you.
Calamari is another name for Squid. It has a firm and juicy texture and a nutty aroma. Its taste is sweet, balanced with a subtle Oceanic saltness.
- Brands: Young's
Food Freezer **** * See best before end.
Star marked frozen food compartment.
*** * See best before end.
** 1 Month.
* 1 Week.
Ice making compartment 3 days.
*should be -18°C or colder.
Do not re-freeze once defrosted.
Prepare & Use
Our Calamari is at its best oven-baked straight from your freezer.
Ensure your food is piping hot throughout before serving.
Oven from frozen: 220ºC/425ºF.
Gas Mark 7
· Pre-heat the oven.
· Remove product from the packaging and place on a baking tray.
· Cook in centre of oven.
For fan assisted ovens reduce cooking temperature / time according to manufacurer's handbook.
Grill from frozen: Medium heat
· Pre-heat the grill.
· Place the product onto the grill pan, turning occasionally during cooking.
Country of Origin
P.O. Box 51,
The squid in our battered calamari is line- caught using time-honoured methods in the icy waters of the South Atlantic, off the coast of Argentina. They are frozen at their best, immediately after leaving the water, to preserve the quality of their texture and taste. From the South Atlantic via Grimsby to you.
Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat, Contains Shellfish
Squid Rings (51%), Batter (Water, Wheat Flour, Maize Starch, Salt, Raising Agents (Disodium Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbinate) Garlic Flavour, Lemon Flavour, Colour (Riboflavin)), Vegetable Oil, Wheat Flour.
Free From Additives
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||per 100g||Per half pack|
|of which sugars||0.25g||0.25g|
|of which saturates||1.3g||1.7g|
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 15-Sep-2014 at 03:29. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.