Young's Wholetail Scampi Scottish Island Frozen 220g
Good for you. Good for the sea.
Since 1946. Celebrating over 60 years of Scampi.
Fish for life?.
Sweet, succulent wholetail Scampi, from the coastal waters of Britain and Ireland, hand peeled and wrapped in light golden breadcrumbs.
Our Scampi is made from the whole tails of langoustines, wild caught by fishermen, whose families have been fishing for generations in the coastal waters of Britain & Ireland. Our Langoustine tails are then hand-peeled to create the finest quality scampi.
The dish was created by Young's in 1946 for Manetta's restaurant and remains one of the nation's favourites. It's the 60 years of experience that makes our famous Scampi so mouth-wateringly delicious.
Know your Fish.
Langoustines, also known as Dublin Bay Prawns or Norway Lobster, are a member of the lobster family. They have a smooth, velvety texture with a sweet, rich & creamy flavour.
We love it, and we want the nation to love it too. As the country's biggest fish expert, we bring people more ways to enjoy fish more often. By freezing our fish we lock in the taste and nutrition. It's nature's way of preserving.
We developed our award winning Fish For Life programme to ensure that all our fish is responsibly sourced. So Young's fish is not only good for you, it's good for the sea too. For more about our work to help conserve fish for future generations visit www.youngsseafood.co.uk
For more ideas visit our website www.youngsseafood.co.uk
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on twitter@youngsseafood
- Brands: Young's
How to store after purchase.
Food Freezer: **** * See best before end.
Star marked frozen food compartment:
*** * See best before end.
** 1 month.
* 1 week.
Ice making compartment: 3 days.
*Should be -18°C or below.
Do not re-freeze once defrosted.
Our Premium Wholetail Scampi is at its best oven-baked straight from your freezer.
To get started remove all packaging and follow the guide below.
Ensure food is piping hot throughout before serving.
Oven - 220°C/425°F, GAS MARK 7, 17 mins.
Pre-heat the oven and baking tray.
Place product on the baking tray in the top half of the oven.
Stand for 1 minute before serving.
For fan assisted ovens reduce cooking time / temperature according to the manufacturer's handbook.
Grill - medium to high heat, 16 mins.
Pre-heat the grill.
Place the product onto the grill pan, turning occasionally during cooking.
Deep fry - 180°C/350°F, 4½ mins.
Lower the product gently into the oil.
Preparation and Usage
Why not try... with fresh salad as a light lunch. Serve the Scampi on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce and finish with a good spoonful of delicious homemade mayonnaise.
Country of Origin
P.O. Box 51,
Store at -18°C or below.
Do not re-freeze once defrosted.
Caution: although extra care has been taken to remove all shell, some pieces may remain.
Per 110g serving oven baked provides Calories 233 12%, Sugar 1.1g 1%, Fat 9.2g 13%, Saturates 0.7g 4%, Salt 1.2g 21% of an adult's GDA*
*GDAs are based on the average daily requirement of a middle aged woman. Your personal daily requirement may differ.
Bag - Plastic - not currently recycled
Scampi (41%), Wheat Flour, Water, Vegetable Oil, Wheat Starch, Rice Flour, Wheat Gluten, Potato Starch, Modified Maize Starch, Salt, Raising Agents: (Diphosphates, Sodium Bicarbonate), Yeast, Dextrose, White Pepper, Oat Fibre, Cornflour
|Typical Values||Per 100g (as sold)||Per 110g serving (oven baked)|
|(of which sugars)||1.8g||1.1g|
|(of which saturates)||0.8g||0.7g|
|(Equivalent as salt)||1.1g||1.2g|
A classic combination - perfect with chips or a mixed green salad, if you're feeling virtuous!
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-Jan-2015 at 04:08. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.