- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lollies.Ice Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Amaretto Buttercream Icing
In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, milk, vanilla extract and half the icing sugar until smooth - this will take a few minutes using an electric hand mixer. Gradually add the remainder of the icing sugar to produce a buttercream of a creamy and smooth consistency.
Add the amaretto or almond extract and beat well. You should taste the icing at this stage as you may wish to add another ¼ tsp to make it a little stronger.
The buttercream can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature. Before re-using, beat well.
- 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 60ml semi-skimmed milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 500g icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ tsp amaretto liqueur or almond extract, this could be increased according to your preferred taste
Makes 15 regular cupcakes
Total time required
- Preparation time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 9.5 days.
Price per kg: £2.56
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100ml: £3.79
Recipe published with permission from Kyle Cathie.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 30-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.