Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5). In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the butter and lemon zest, and put to one side. Place the apples in a greased ovenproof freezerproof dish, then stir in the blackberries, orange juice, and enough of the caster sugar to sweeten. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and bake for 35–40 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool completely, cover with cling film and then foil, and freeze.
To serve, defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Warm through in an oven preheated to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4) for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and piping hot.
- 100g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 generous knob of butter, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 Bramley apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 150g blackberries
- 150ml fresh orange juice
- 2 - 3 tsp caster sugar (depending on the tartness of the fruit)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
Price per litre: £1.85
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 11.5 days.
Price each: 45p
Price per 100g: 93p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price each: 37.5p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100g: £1.03
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 17-Apr-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.