Grease the base and sides of a 20cm/8 inch loose-bottomed cake tin. Mix together the biscuit crumbs, butter and sugar. Press over the base of the cake tin.
Cream the butter and sugar for the filling.
Add the chopped apples to 3 tbsp of water and heat in the microwave until soft and tender. Mix in a blender to produce a puree.
Add the cottage cheese, apple puree and lemon rind and beat well. Gradually beat in the eggs and add the cornflour and sultanas.
Spoon the filling over the crumb base.
Cook in the centre of a cool oven (150°C/300°F or Gas Mark 2) for 1¼ hours until firm to the touch.
Allow to cool then remove from the tin.
To do this, loosen the sides of the mixture with a palette knife, push the cheesecake up from the base of the tin, then slide the palette knife under the crumb mixture to remove from the metal baseof the cake tin.
Optional Topping Variations: Top with whipped cream and well drained poached apple slices, or raw apple sliced and dipped in lemon juice. Glaze with sieved apricot jam.
For Vanilla cheesecake follow the proportions for the Apple Cheesecake above, but use 450g/1lb cream or curd cheese instead of the cottage cheese and ½ to 1 teaspoon vanilla essence instead of lemon rind. Add 4 tablespoons double cream and omit apple puree.
- 100g butter, (50g for the base, 50g for the topping)
- 100g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g caster sugar, (75g for the base, 25g for the topping)
- 350g cottage cheese, sieved
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 50g sultanas
Total time required
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 12.5 days.
Price each: 32.5p
7d+* Product life guaranteed for 7 days including delivery day, with an average of 18.5 days.
Price each: 35.8p
This line is subject to seasonal availability
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price per kg: £4.67
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 7.5 days.
Price each: 37.5p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per kg: £2.76
Price per 100g: 15p
Price per 100g: 46.9p
Recipe published with permission from Marguerite Patten
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 06-Mar-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.