- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lollies.Ice Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Asparagus Tray Bake
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Trim the asparagus spears where they begin to become woody. Add to the pan, bring back to the boil and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Remove and dry on a tea towel.
Roll the pastry a few millimeters thick into a rectangle 40x20cm and trim to neaten the edges - make sure you have a baking tray large enough, otherwise adjust the dimensions accordingly.
Lay the pastry on the baking tray. Blend the creme fraiche, mustard, Parmesan, 1 beaten egg yolk, and seasoning together in a bowl. Spoon this cream over the pastry so there is a pastry surround of 2cm. Lay on top the asparagus in in rows of single spears. Beat the remaining egg yolk and paint the pastry borders.
Bake the tart for 30 minutes. Serve 5 minutes out of the oven, though it is excellent cold
- 450g finger thin asparagus spears
- 250g puff pastry
- 150ml creme fraiche
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian Parmesan, freshly greated
- 2 medium organic egg yolks
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly groud
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Price per kg: £20.00
7d+* Product life guaranteed for 7 days including delivery day, with an average of 23 days.
Price per 100ml: 37.5p
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 19 days.
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 10g: 41.3p
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per kg: £23.13
Recipe published with permission from Meat Free Monday.
Image: copyright 1995 MPL Ltd. Photographer: Debbie Patterson.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.