- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
The dish is best served hot, but it can also be baked up to 4 hours in advance and served at room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/Gas 7) and lightly grease a small roasting tin or dish. Reserve 2 tomato halves and place the rest in the tin, cut-sides up, then drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake the tomatoes for 7–10 minutes, or until they soften and start to collapse. Remove from the oven and set aside, but do not turn off the oven.
Meanwhile, place the pepper under a hot grill turning frequently for 4–5 minutes, or until blackened. Place the pepper in a plastic bag and set aside until cool enough to handle, then peel off the skin. Cut the pepper in half, discard the core and seeds, and cut into thin strips; set aside.
Cut the ricotta cheese in half horizontally. Remove the tomatoes from the tin. Place the bottom half of the ricotta, cut-side up, in the tin and season lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange the pepper strips on top, then the tomatoes, pressing down lightly. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the remaining ricotta, cut-side down.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan and drizzle with a little extra oil. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and the top is golden. Top with the reserved tomato halves and a dash more pepper and serve.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil , extra for greasing
- 7 cherry tomatoes , ripe, cut in half
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper , freshly ground
- 1 large red pepper
- 250g ricotta cheese , drained
- 15g parmesan cheese , grated
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
Price each: 77.5p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
Price per 100g: 33.4p
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per kg: £37.38
Price per 10g: 75p
Price per 100ml: 59.6p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.