- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and bay leaves, and cook over a low heat for 6–8 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent. Season well with salt and black pepper. Stir through the garlic, cumin, coriander, and chilli powder and cook for a few seconds.
Stir through the black beans, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15–20 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and discard, then transfer the rest of the soup to a blender or food processor and pulse ja couple of times so some of the beans are puréed and some remain whole. Add a little more stock if it is too thick. Season again with salt and black pepper.
Leave to cool completely, then transfer to a freezerproof container, seal, and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then transfer to a pan and heat until piping hot. Serve with tortilla triangles.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 8 flour tortillas, to serve
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
Price each: 29p
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per 10g: 92p
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 8.5 days.
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100g: £2.00
Price per 100g: 25p
Price per 10g: 66.3p
Price per 10g: 49.7p
Price per 10g: 74.8p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.