- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Line a deep 6-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Place the butter and 75g of chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water until melted - do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
Remove the bowl from the heat, stir in the sugar, then gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour until smooth and combined. Spoon enough of the mixture into the muffin cases until each one is half full.
To make the ganache, place the remaining 125g of chocolate (reserving two pieces for decoration), cream and coffee in a heatproof bowl and place over the same pan of simmering water - do not allow the bowl to touch the water. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat, stir thoroughly and allow to cool slightly.
Spoon half a teaspoon of the ganache into each muffin case, then top up with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until springy to the touch.
Transfer the muffins to a wire rack, and while still hot, top each one with the remaining ganache, smoothing it with a round bladed knife. To decorate, grate the reserved chocolate over the muffins. Serve warm or cold. The muffins will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- 75g superfine self-raising flour
- 75g butter
- 200g milk chocolate , broken in to pieces
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 75g granulated cane sugar
Makes 6 muffins
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 10 days.
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price each: 25p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per kg: £1.40
Recipe published with permission from Waitrose
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.