Delia's Roast Vegetable Couscous with Harissa-Style Dressing
First prepare the roasted vegetables: prepare the aubergine and courgettes ahead of time by dicing them into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces, leaving the skins on. Toss these in a level dessertspoon of salt and pack them into a colander with a plate on top and a heavy weight on top of the plate. Leave them to one side for an hour so that some of the bitter juices drain out. After that, squeeze out any juices left, and dry the pieces thoroughly in a clean cloth.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 9, 475°F (240°C).
Now arrange the aubergine, courgettes, tomatoes, pepper, fennel and onion in the roasting tin, sprinkle with the crushed garlic, basil and olive oil, toss everything around in the oil to get a good coating and season with salt and pepper. Place the tin on the highest shelf of the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are toasted brown at the edges. When the vegetables are done, remove them from the oven and stir in the chopped olives and the capers then remove them to a plate to cool.
When you're ready to assemble the salad, first place the couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Pour the boiling stock over it, add some salt and pepper, stir it with a fork, then leave on one side for 5 minutes, by which time it will have absorbed all the stock and softened.
Meanwhile cut the cheese into sugar cube-sized pieces. Make up the dressing by whisking the olive oil, cayenne and cumin together in a bowl, then pour into a serving jug.
To serve the salad, place the couscous in a large, wide salad bowl and gently add in the cubes of cheese along with the roasted vegetables. Next arrange the salad leaves on top and, just before serving, drizzle a little of the dressing over the top followed by a sprinkling of onion seeds and hand the rest of the dressing around separately.
- 1 small Aubergine
- 2 medium Courgettes
- 450g Cherry Tomatoes, skinned
- 1 small Red Pepper, de-seeded and cut in to 2.5cm squares
- 1 small Yellow Pepper, de-seeded and cut in to 2.5cm squares
- 2 fat cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh Basil leaves, torn
- 8½ tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g pitted Black Olives, chopped
- 1 heaped tblsp Capers, drained
- 75g Mixed Salad Leaves
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 heaped tblsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 275g Couscous
- 500ml Vegetable Stock, boiling
- 100g firm Goat's Cheese
- 1 tbsp Black Onion Seeds
- 2½ tsps Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 60 minutes standing time
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
Price per kg: £3.50
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per 100g: 28.8p
Price per 10g: 66.9p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
Price each: 77.5p
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3 days.
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
Price each: 79.5p
Price per 10g: 32.8p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
Price per 100g: 33.4p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
Price each: 30p
Price per 100ml: 45p
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price per kg: £14.58
Price per 10g: 60.8p
- View items 21 - 21 of 21
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 16-Sep-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.