Preheat oven to 210˚C/Gas 7. Calculate cooking time – 20 mins per 500g plus an extra 20 mins.
Pat duck dry with kitchen towel and leave at room temperature for 30 mins. Prick skin all over without piercing the flesh, then rub all over with the salt, season with pepper, and place on a rack over a roasting tin.
Cook for 20 mins then reduce heat to 180˚C/Gas 4. Cook for remaining calculated time until juices run clear.
Pour juices from the cavity into the tin and remove the bird. Cover and leave in a warm place.
Skim off any excess fat from the tin. Deglaze the tin with the port over a gentle heat, then stir in the stock and marmalade, followed by the cornflour mix. Cook until the sauce is nicely thickened, then add the orange segments.
Season to taste and serve with the duck.
- 1 duck, approx 2.1 kg
- 1 tsp salt
- 150ml port
- 150ml stock
- 2 tbsps Seville orange marmalade
- 2 tsp cornflour, ready-mixed with 2 tsp cold water
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
Price each: 30p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.Typically
Price per kg: £8.99
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100g: 5.8p
Price per 100g: 35.6p
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per 100g: £1.65
Price per 10g: 71.2p
Recipe published with permission from ocadolife magazine
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.