These mousses can be made up to 2 days in advance, then covered and chilled.
Preheat the grill on its highest setting and lightly oil the ramekins.
Place the peppers on a grill rack and grill for 4–5 minutes, or until the skins are blackened, turning once or twice. Place in a plastic bag and leave until cool enough to handle, then remove from them from bag and peel off the skins. Slice the peppers into strips, place in a bowl, and add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Place the eggs, cream, goat’s cheese, Parmesan, and nutmeg in a food processor, season to taste with salt and pepper, and process until well combined. Pour into the ramekins.
Place the ramekins in a roasting tin and pour in boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake, uncovered, for 30–40 minutes, or until set, then remove from the tin. Leave to cool, then chill for several hours.
To serve, run a blunt knife around each ramekin and turn the mousses out on to individual serving plates. Divide the peppers between the plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- 2 tbsp olive oil , extra for greasing
- 3 peppers, mixed colours, deseeded and quartered
- 5ml balsamic vinegar, dash
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 eggs
- 250ml double cream
- 100g creamy goats cheese
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg, to taste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
Price each: 50p
Colours may vary
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 8 days.
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week£2.25
Price per kg: £15.00
Price each: 29p
Price per 10g: 32.8p
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price each: 25.8p
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per kg: £37.38
Price per 100ml: 72p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100g: 5.8p
Price per 10g: 71.2p
Price per 10g: 68.3p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.