Wash the Jersey Royal potatoes then boil for 25 minutes or until just soft. Can also use baby new potatoes if out of season. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl then cut the butter into small pieces and place on top of the hot potatoes and allow to melt.
Slice a sprig of mint finely and sprinkle over the potatoes.
Season the potatoes with salt and leave while you season the lamb chops with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Place the lamb chops on the grill or barbeque and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side according to preference.
Remove the lamb chops and put on a plate or bowl. Now pour over the melted butter from the potatoes and baste the liquid over the lamb.
Cut the potatoes into chunks and lay out on the serving plate or bowl. Serve with the basted lamb chops and a final sprinkling of finely sliced mint.
- 8 lamb chops
- 800g Jersey Royal / baby new potatoes, washed
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, sliced finely
- 75g butter
- 2 pinches salt, to season
- 1 pinch pepper, to season
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
Price per kg: £1.33
Price per 10g: 32.8p
4d* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Price per 10g: 74.8p
Recipe published with permission from Arthur Potts Dawson
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.