- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 65% on RRP.Special Buys
All your summer must-haves, from barbecue treats to gardening tools. Oh, and lots of offers too.Celebrate Summer
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
The mushrooms and dressing can be prepared the day before, and chilled.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients and set aside.
Cut the bread diagonally into 1cm (1/2in) slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp but not too browned.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Slice the goat’s cheese into rounds. Place a slice in each mushroom cap. Preheat the grill on medium, then place the mushrooms on a grill pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Place the mushrooms under the grill for 5 minutes, or until the goat’s cheese is bubbling and the mushrooms are tender.
To serve, place each croûte on a serving plate, top with a grilled mushroom, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve while still hot.
- 1 baguette
- 10ml olive oil
- 6 large field mushrooms
- 150g goats cheese
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp for drizzling
- 1 pinch salt, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 12 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
You might like:
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
Price per 100g: £1.50
Price per 100ml: 79.9p
Price per 100g: 41p
Price each: 29p
3+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
Price per kg: £10.95
Price per 100ml: 72p
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per 10g: 47p
Price per 10g: £1.69
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 19-Jun-2013. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.