Linguine with Chilli, Crab and White Wine
Pasta is often served with heavy, stodgy and creamy sauces.
In Italy they go for much simpler dishes - this has hardly any ingredients, yet it tastes great; the olive adding a little good fat and the chilli and garlic boosting your metabolism.
By Sophie Michell
Place a large pan of water on to boil, when at a rapid boil, add salt and then the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil up in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, then crumble in the chilli, fry for a couple of minutes, but do not get any colour on the garlic.
Add the crab, lemon and parsley then season well.
When the pasta is done (this should take about 10 minutes, but read the individual packet instructions and cook al’dente), drain, retaining about 1 tsbp of pasta water and add both to the frying pan. Cook for another 5 minutes and then serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil.
- 400g linguine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch dried chilli
- 2 lemons, grated and juiced
- 1 small handful chopped flat leafed parsley
- 400g white crab meat
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 7.5 days.
Price each: 37.5p
Price per 10g: 32.8p
Price per 10g: 79.6p
Price per 100g: 39.8p
Price per 100ml: 59.6p
Recipes published with permission from Sophie Michell.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-Jan-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.