- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lollies.Ice Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Passover Pineapple and Pear Crumble
Crumble is always a family favourite and to recreate it so that it is Pesach friendly is an added bonus. I have also made it nut free to help those intolerant of nuts - especially challenging at this time of year. Matzah meal makes a perfect topping and I have flavoured it with coconut; an ingredient readily available at Pesach time. I like to serve it with ice cream or cream.
Crumbles became popular in Britain during the 2nd World War when rationing made pastry a challenge.
Note: instead of white sugar, a mixture of brown sugar and vanilla sugar may be added to the pineapple. Light brown sugar can replace the white sugar in the crumble topping.
Please ensure all ingredients are suitable before purchasing them.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
Prepare the fruit and stir in the cinnamon and transfer into a large ovenware dish. Only add the sugar if you have a particularly sweet tooth and the pineapple requires some extra sweetness.
Mix together the crumble ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the top of the fruit.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until the crumb topping is slightly golden.
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 medium pears, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 100g margarine
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, for the topping, plus 1 tsp for the filling
- 250g medium matzo meal
- 50g dessicated coconut
- 75g sugar, for the crumble, plus 2 tbsp (optional) for the filling
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
Price per kg: £1.40
Price per 10g: 51.4p
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 10.5 days.
Price each: 40p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
Recipe published with permission from Denise Phillips.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.