Start by making the coffee reduction. Place the coffee in a small pan, bring to a simmer and reduce to 25ml. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, mix the icing sugar, mascarpone, coffee reduction and Tia Maria. In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until soft peaks form.
Fold the double cream through the coffee and Tia Maria mixture - make sure the mixture does not split. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the sponge, break the sponge fingers in half and lay out on a tray. Pour the Amaretto, espresso and Tia Maria onto the sponge, making sure they spread evenly. Leave the fingers to soak in the liquid for 1 hour.
To finish, layer the sponge at the bottom of a glass or tumbler. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and add a layer of the cream. Sprinkle with some more grated chocolate add then another sponge finger layer, followed by another layer of the cream. Sprinkle again with grated chocolate, dust with cocoa powder and serve.
- 480ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 265g marscapone
- 250ml strong coffee, from a cafetiére
- 35ml tia maria
- 35ml amaretto
- 150ml espresso, made with ground coffee beans and hot water
- 150g sponge fingers
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g cocoa powder
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: allow time for soaking
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 8.5 days.
Price per 100g: £1.98
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per 100g: 42.9p
Recipe kindly provided by Great British Chefs
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 20-Apr-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.