- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Peel and thinly slice the pineapple. Cut out the tough core using a small round cutter or the tip of a sharp knife.
Put the pineapple slices and any pineapple juice into a large frying pan with the rum and lime juice and heat. Light the alcohol by carefully tilting the pan into the gas flame, or by using a match, and allow the flames to die down.
Dot the pineapple with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Shake the pan while heating gently, until the butter melts, the sugar dissolves, and the mixture thickens to a glaze. Serve with whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
- 1 pineapple
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- 2 tbsp lime, fresh juice
- 50g salted butter
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp whipped cream, to serve
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon , for dusting
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price each: 37.5p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Price per 10g: 51.4p
Price per kg: £2.80
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.