Prepare ahead the lamb can be prepared and stuffed with the rosemary leaves, ready for roasting, a few hours in advance of cooking.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). With a small, sharp knife, make several deep cuts into the skin surface of the lamb. Push a few rosemary leaves into each cut. Place the lamb in a roasting tin, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour.
Mix the remaining rosemary with the garlic, tomatoes, and flageolets. Remove the lamb from the oven and spoon the tomato and bean mixture around it. Mix the tomato purée with the wine and pour over the lamb.
Cover loosely with foil, then return to the oven for 30–40 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked but the juices are still slightly pink, stirring once. Allow the meat to rest for 10–15 minutes, loosely covered with foil, before carving.
- ½ lamb , leg
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 250g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 410g flageolet beans, can, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml dry white wine
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Price per kg: £7.60
Price each: 29p
Price per 10g: 46p
Price per 100ml: 46p
Price per 100g: 17.5p
Price per 100g: 5p
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 7.5 days.
Price per 10g: 49.8p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.