- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lollies.Ice Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Saffron Salmon Soup
Saffron is derived from the flower of the saffron crocus. To produce 12g of dried saffron 1kg of flowers are needed, making saffron the most expensive spice in the world.
Heat a deep saucepan with olive oil. Sauté the onions, garlic and leeks together until just soft.
Add the saffron to the hot stock and then pour into the pot. Stir in the potatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the dill and lemon zest. Puree the soup in a food processor or blitz. Return to the saucepan. Add the cubed salmon and simmer for a final 5 minutes. Season to taste.
Garnish with strips of smoked salmon and sprigs of dill.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into cubes
- 1 onion , peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, plus extra sprig for garnishing
- 6 strips smoked salmon, for garnishing
- 2 potaotes, peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 5.5 days.
7d+* Product life guaranteed for 7 days including delivery day, with an average of 12.5 days.
Price per kg: £44.90
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5.5 days.
Price each: 32.3p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
Price per kg: £4.15
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 7.5 days.
Price each: 37.5p
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price each: 18.3p
Price per 10g: 37.5p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100g: £2.00
Price per 10g: £99.75
Recipe published with permission from Denise Phillips.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.