- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 1 minute, shaking the pan, until they begin to pop.
Add the butter and onion, and fry, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until the onion is golden. Add the cardamom pods, ground coriander, and rice, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, cover, and simmer for 10–12 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid.
Transfer to a warmed serving bowl, and serve hot, with the coriander sprinkled on top.
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 225g basmati rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
Price per 10g: 36p
You might like:
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
5+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 9.5 days.
Price per kg: £1.10
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100ml: 43p
Price per 10g: 31p
Price per 100ml: 27p
Price per 10g: 96p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-May-2013. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.