- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lollies.Ice Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 1 minute, shaking the pan, until they begin to pop.
Add the butter and onion, and fry, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until the onion is golden. Add the cardamom pods, ground coriander, and rice, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, cover, and simmer for 10–12 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid.
Transfer to a warmed serving bowl, and serve hot, with the coriander sprinkled on top.
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 225g basmati rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
Price per 10g: 33.9p
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 12 days.
Price per kg: 69p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100ml: 42p
Price per 10g: 36.2p
Price per 10g: 95.6p
Price per 100ml: 27p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 30-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.