- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then transfer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Set aside and lower the oven temperature to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and dry-fry the lardons for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Then add the shallots, stir, and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
Slice off the top third of each potato, horizontally. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Reserve the hollowed-out skins and place into a lightly greased baking dish.
Mash the potato. Add the milk and butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the grated cheese, lardons, and shallots. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the filling is heated through and golden on top. Serve hot with the chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
- 4 small baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 200g bacon lardons
- 2 shallots , finely chopped
- 25g butter, extra for greasing
- 100ml milk
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per kg: £8.60
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price per kg: £17.45
Price per 10g: 14.4p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
Price per kg: 80p
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
Price per litre: £1.06
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 10g: 41.3p
Price per 100g: 19.1p
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price per kg: £3.13
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.