Mix the thyme leaves, lemon zest, and extra virgin olive oil together, then set aside.
Boil the potatoes. Drain and peel once cool enough to handle. Cut into thick slices and place in a bowl. Season to taste with salt, add a little of the flavoured olive oil, and mix with the mayonnaise; set aside.
Pat the capers dry with kitchen paper. Fry them in the olive oil for 2 minutes, or until crisp, then drain off the oil.
Pound each piece of tuna between 2 pieces of cling film until uniformly very thin, then peel off the film. Scatter with capers, season to taste, and drizzle over the remaining flavoured olive oil. Serve with the potatoes.
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves chopped
- 2 tsp lemon, finely grated zest
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 charlotte potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 heaped tbsp small capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 400g sashimi-grade tuna loin fillet, cut into 8 equal pieces
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.£1.50
Price per kg: £1.33
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price each: 37.5p
Price per 10g: 57.5p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
Price per kg: £29.13
Price per 100ml: 40p
Price per 100ml: £1.10
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
Price per 100g: £2.19
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-Apr-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.