Cut the halloumi cheese into 1cm (1/2 in) thick slices and lightly dust with flour. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and fry the cheese for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Remove from the pan and sprinkle with the thyme and lemon juice. Serve immediately with a little extra oil drizzled over the cheese and lemon wedges.
- 500g halloumi cheese, packets
- 1 tbsp flour, for dusting
- 120ml olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 2 handful thyme
- 3 lemons, 2 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
Price each: 37.5p
Price per 10g: 57.5p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 100ml: £1.10
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. The Cooking Book 2008
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.