- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Willie's Chocolate Factory Gazpacho
In the rainy season, the humidity in Venezuela can reach levels that are almost unbearable. As a result, no one has any real appetite, but gazpacho is a cool, refreshing tomato soup that people will always want to eat, especially with the El Tesoro twist: cacao.See products for this recipe
Roast the red pepper under a hot grill or on a griddle until the skin has blackened slightly. Allow to cool, then peel it. (Putting roasted peppers in a brown paper bag and leaving them to steam and cool can make them easier to peel.)
Blanch the tomatoes in hot water for 10 seconds, then refresh them in cold water. Peel, seed and roughly chop. Place the pepper, tomatoes, onion, garlic and cucumber in a food processor and begin to blitz. While the processor is going, pour in the olive oil. Blitz the gazpacho until smooth.
Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cacao and continue to heat until the cacao has melted. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
Stir the cacao syrup into the gazpacho. Season with salt and black pepper.
Chill before serving.
- 1 Large Red pepper, halved, seeds removed
- 1 kg Very ripe tomatoes
- ½ Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ Large Cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 150ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Cacao, finely grated
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
Price each: 77.5p
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
Price each: 29p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
Price per 100g: £2.49
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 8 days.
Price each: 18.3p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
Price each: 11.5p
Price per 100ml: 59.6p
Recipe from Willie’s Chocolate Factory Cookbook published with permission from Hodder & Stoughton.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 14-Jul-2014. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.