Butternut Squash, Leek & Apple Gratin
- 3tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 500g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500g apples, thinly sliced
- Handful of freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. In a large pan, melt 2tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until they begin to brown (about 10 mins). Add the sherry and sage and cook for 2 mins until the liquid is reduced to a glaze. Set aside.
- 3. In a shallow, butter-greased baking dish, arrange the squash in overlapping layers, seasoning as you go. Spread the leeks evenly over the squash. Arrange the apples in an overlapping layer over the leeks.
- 4. Dot the apples with the remaining butter. Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins.
- 5. Uncover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Turn the heat up to 230°C, return to the oven and bake for a further 10 mins until golden.
- On Offer
- On Offer