Bananagrams is a fast and fun word game that requires no pencil, paper or board. All you need is a table. One hand can be played in as little as five minutes. It is great for family fun as well as being educational. Bananagrams' portability makes it perfect for travel. Just grab the pouch and go.
This fun word game is composed of lots and lots of square letter tiles, the players construct words or build on existing words creating a crossword puzzle type arrangement of words in front of the player.
Play continues until there are fewer tiles left than there are players. The first player with no remaining letters shouts "BANANAS" and is the winner of the round.
Suitable for 2 - 10 players.
Develops word recognition and spelling.
Size: Pouch 6cm x 21cm x 6cm
Suitable for ages 7yrs+
1) Every player takes the same number of letters leaving 'The Bunch'.
2) Someone yells 'Split' and players flip over their tiles and race to make word grids. Play continues until there are less tiles than people. If you finish your grid shout 'Bananas'. If everything is correct, you win!
3) If a player runs out of letters they shout 'Peel' and every player takes an extra letter.
4) Shout 'Dump' to put a tricky letter back in the pile. You must pick up three more in return.
5) If there are any spelling mistakes, proper nouns or made up words in your grid, you are a 'Rotten Banana' and are out. Your tiles should be returned to the bunch.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (14)
Christmas Stocking Surprise
I bought this for my 9 year old son for his Christmas Stocking and he loves it. We have been playing this game for 3 days now and he already improved and he is very excited about it. It is a good quality, in handy bag. I bought it in sale and I thing it was a good purchase.
Hours of fun
Bought this at Christmas and have played it pretty much every weekend since. Great fun for adults and kids alike, faster to play and not so drawn out as scrabble so everyone stays engaged. Would highly recommend.
Scrabble on speed
Brought this 18 months ago but never got round to playing it until now. What was I missing! We love it and play a few games every evening .We enjoy that you can just play on your own as well
Great, compact game
Great game, packs small, fun and by all.
Best game ever
Better than scrabble and suitable for all ages. So much fun too
Great fun at any level
You can play this as a fast-paced brain-twisting word race, or just have fun building words with kids as they are learning to spell - and pretty much anything in between.