MAXTRA+ Universal filter cartridge with innovative BRITA MicroFlow Technology ensures powerful water filtration for hot and cold drinks and for cooking.
- Universal fit for old and new BRITA MAXTRA jugs, partnership appliances and most own brand jugs
- 25% finer mesh for better reduction of coarse particles
- New Micro Carbon Pearls reduce chlorine and organic impurities which affect taste and odour of food and drink
- Ion Exchange Pearls reduce limescale, enhancing flavour and aroma of tea and coffee
- Recommended for UK & Irish water filter market: MAXTRA+filter cartridge conforms to British Water Filter Standard BS 8427-2004 for the reduction of chlorine, hardness and metals such as lead and copper.
- Recommended by UK Tea Academy and consumers: ¿Tea with MAXTRA+ filtered water is more brilliant than tea made with unfiltered tap water"
- Protects kettles and coffee machines from limescale build-up and damage
- -Permanently absorbs metals such as lead and copper
- -Unique flow control ensures perfect filtration time for optimum results
- -New finger holes for easy cartridge exchange and no pre soaking required
- -100% recyclable
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (12)
Slow but they work. Pricey though!
These arent the best brita filters but they do the job. Trying to understand why the same six-pack is £20 on Amazon Prime though. Thats a £10 difference!
A waste of money
I have to agree with the other reviewers that the filters are no longer much use. It takes absolutely ages for the water to filter through into the jug. It's such a shame as they used to be a good product.
Since Maxtra changed the filter design I always had a problem - the water stops going through the filter just few days after the installation, I always had to pull it a little bit up to let the water through. But doing so I realised that the water I receive is not being filtered as it goes round the filter omitting going directly through it. I was wondering - is Maxtra Company cheating on the consumers? Being annoyed with this situation I recently took a pictures how does it work /does not work better words/ and wanted to contact Maxtra Company directly. But today I spent some tome and read the reviews - I was shocked! If I contact the company about this issue I will simply waste my time as consumers started to leave their comments about this issue since the new filter design was introduced - around year ago! And what? Maxtra paid no attention to this problem as it is still ongoing. The company just making their millions by cheating on the consumers.
I really dont understand these negative reviews. I live in an area where the water is very hard and tastes of chlorine, but these do a brilliant job of making the water taste delicious as well as stopping my kettle from being filled with limescale. A doubly good reason to buy them. Works better than the previous Maxtra, but no, it doesnt fit the old Maxtra jugs. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion!
new version does not work
Agree with other users that the new version does not let the water flow and half the water sits on top of the jug. I threw out my first one which was less than 2 weeks old thinking something was wrong with that one. Opened a new one and it is doing the same. Hope Brita fixes it soon.
New style filter tastes wierd
Had these for years, normally taste fine for 4 weeks. The new style ones, taste really strange after a couple of weeks - the tap water tastes better! Hard to explain the flavour, sediment like i guess. Not sure what they have changed ..