Duracell's most groundbreaking innovation yet, the all new Duracell Optimum alkaline battery has a new cathode system that can deliver up to 200% Extra Life in some devices, or Extra Power in other devices*.
- Extra Life - Duracell Optimum lasts longer than previous Duracell Alkaline in a range of mid to high drain devices, such as cameras and game controllers**.
- Extra Power - In other devices Duracell Optimum delivers more power than other Duracell Alkaline batteries to make them work better, such as motorized toys and DIY devices***.
- Optimum Storage - new and innovative ‘book' style pack has a door and an organiser tray inside keeps new batteries in place and allows secure storage of used ones for recycling.
- The packaging is 100% recyclable and 0% plastic.
- Optimum batteries are available in size AA and AAA.
*Delivers extra life in AA-size batteries compared to the Minimum Average Duration of the 2015 IEC Digital Camera test OR extra power in a wide range of devices vs. next best Duracell alkaline AA. Results may vary by device or usage pattern (www.iec.ch). For more info: www.duracell.co.uk
**Delivers extra Life in a wide range of devices vs. next best Duracell alkaline AA. For more info: www.duracell.co.uk
***Delivers extra power in a wide range of devices vs. next best Duracell alkaline AA. For more info: www.duracell.co.uk
Country of Origin
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (38)
I got these from Ocado to review. Theyve lasted really well and we would buy again.
best batteries ever
I dont understand the negative reviews for these batteries. I use them all the time for some string lights and they are brilliant, last longer than any others Ive tried.
Not enough life
Use in my Xbox controller - only lasts a few days at most
Optimum don't last as long
These Optimium batteries don't last as long as the other Duracell batteries I was using. I've had two different devices fail far quicker than usual now, won't be buying again.
I bought these in 2015. They have an expiry date of 03/2031. It's 07/2022 and the remaining ones are all now dead even though unused.
Not sure what the optimisation is. Don't last as long as my usual Duracell. No surprise that they are reduced in most outlets. At 50% off they would be worth buying.