£4.00£1.33 per 100g
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Black Iberico Tomatoes
- Black Iberico are a variety of tomato that only reach their full potential in winter, when the stress of the cold makes the plants work harder.
- Grown on the coast of Andalusia, the plants are put under even greater duress by the salinity of their environment. Using a finely-tuned balance of rainfall and seawater, the growers irrigate the plants just enough to keep them alive.
- Ripening slowly from the inside out, their skins remain firm and streaked with green. However their flavour is fully developed, balancing the bright acidity of their seeds with the distinct umami sweetness of their crunchy flesh.
- We dub them ‘Winter Tomatoes,’ bringing together these outstanding varieties under one name as they share a similar flavour profile and must be sown in winter.
- In season only from the end of December to early May, the flavour of winter tomatoes cannot be replicated at any other time of year.
Take it further
- Cut into wedges, drizzled with seasalt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Roughly chopped, cooked slowly with olive oil. Toss through penne.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 3 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (36)
Watery and tasteless
I was after some Mirinda tomatoes but I think it's slightly too early, so I tried these instead...mistake. They were completely without flavour, and had an unpleasant watery texture. Maybe they work at other times of year, but at the moment I really wouldn't bother with them.
Great winter tomato, so flavoursome. Had two ways one chopped - seasoned and stuffed into a pita with halloumi and hummus, the other slow roasted then on toast. Very very good!
hit and miss
First batch we had were absolutely delicious. My husband ate the lot! This weeks were more waters and nowhere near as flavourful. I dont mind paying more if I know they are going to be good, but I did feel a bit ripped off this week, as these arent exactly cheap.
most dense tomatoes here
I was expecting to eat soft, juicy and somewhat sweet black tomatoes but these were hard to chew, not juicy, and poor in taste. Maybe it is not the season yet I do not know
Arrived shrunken like prunes. Way past usable. What is warehouse stock management doing with their quality/freshness checks to send a product out in this state?
Now Ive gone black, I shant be going back
I typically purchase Tomatoes to cook with or prepare alongside other foods but I was impressed by the flavour. Not overly sweet or sour, just a nice flavourful tomato with a great aesthetic :))