£2.99£7.48 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora French Candy Beetroot
- Dense, candy beetroot are delicately textured with a slightly peppery, mineral flavour.
- The untreated, mineral-rich ground in the area is ideal for root vegetables, retaining essential water without compressing the plant.
- Our grower François picks every day, choosing to store the beetroot in the ground rather than refrigerating them for months.
- Grown without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers.
Take it further
- Peel, slice thinly raw and toss with toasted walnuts & extra virgin olive oil.
- Braise whole in white wine, hard herbs and olive oil.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 5 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 8 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (16)
these are lovely to look at and to taste but I dont care much for preparing a pack of two. 1 tiny, 1 huge.
How will it ever cook?
The first time I had these, I had two mediums and they were very tasty. The second time I ordered, I have one the size of a golf ball, and another the size of two fists put together. Will it ever cook? I am all for ugly veg but this is beyond ridiculous. Not good when you are suppose to cook beets whole.
good quality but why cut off the leaves?
I buy beetroot as much for the leaves as for the main thing, so I doubt I'll get these again
Consistently poor produce with Natoora. Have given up with this brand. Beet soft and full of pits. Completely inedible.
tasty and sweet
Luckily my batch were not like previous reviewers. I got 3 medium beetroots, boiled them and the peeled of the skins. Delicious with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and lemon. Lovely to look at too, light pink and white stripes.
Not as described
Not candy beetroot - plain dull beige. I large beet too woody to cut with sharp knife even after extended cooking. Generally poor quality.