£3.99£19.95 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Large British Cherries
- We source British Cherries from a growing co-operative in Worcestershire, who send us asparagus earlier in the year. Both high detail, perennial lines which are hand-harvested, going over the same crop three or four times to ensure it's picked at full maturity.
- Colour is a key indicator of growing ethos and the quality of the variety. Bright red means a grower has selected for yield; dark for flavour.
- Our near-black Folfer and Carmen cherries are picked from trees that are minimally watered, stressing the plant to concentrate sugars and ensure firm, near-black flesh down to the stone.
- As the season goes on and the fruit is exposed to more sun, the background acidity will decrease.
- As each variety of cherry comes to maturity at a different time in the season, the cooperative cultivate 20 different varieties. This ensures a continual supply of cherries at their peak throughout the season.
Take it further
- Poached with bay, served with granola & yoghurt
- Baked into a ricotta cake with lemon zest
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (14)
Rotten after 24 hours!
I discovered the little box of cherries completely rotten (I mean with big blue patches of mould, completely undedible), only a day after the purchase (and unfortunately did not have time to request a refund). Otherwise they looked lovely, although the package is a little small.
Brought these as they were on offer and yes they are expensive but they were tasty and flavourful. From other reviews they seem to have quality control issues.
Not much of anything really Another flash sale to avoid next time
buy for ethics and flavour
When its hot theyre best eaten within a day or two of arriving as theyre at perfect ripeness. Lots of people complain about them not being pretty or lasting days on the fridge but in general thats not why I pick natoora, its the ethos and intention behind what they do. Nature doesnt create perfection, supermarkets do and if you order online you negate the opportunity to check before you buy, given what they are trying to do here with a co operative its worth the extra couple of quid even if it does mean we have to eat them all when they arrive, so tasty though I dont mind!
not sure it was worth the extra pennies (like most from Natoora)
Flavour is decent but not good enough