FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora British Fenland Celery
- Grown exclusively in the marsh Fenlands of Eastern England, this tender, sweet heritage celery is completely different to the uniform, intensively grown variety we see year round.
- Sown in deep trenches of native peaty soil, the plants are 'earthed up' by hand as an as five times in their short growing season.
- This traditional process not only protects them from frost but also blanches the sticks to their distinctive pale green, nearly white colour.
- Packed by hand in the field, where the roots are trimmed into their signature point.
Take it further:
- Braised, topped with salty cheese
- sliced raw, tossed with pear and walnuts
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system
- we work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- we give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 3 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (3)
transforms soups and casseroles
Beautiful flavour - the leaves give a flavour to soup that is very similar to, the much harder to find, lovage. Absolutely delicious.
Good celery, fresh & full of flavour
I use it to make broths or stock, or to give good body to cooking eg. stews, soups. It's not for eating fresh unless you're juicing as the taste is too strong. Reminds me of the kind of celery used in southern europe.
Its very big celery and well too leafy, not much celery on it. Smell also nothing special, just like standard celery so not really worth to paying more for this one.