£2.9639.4p per 10g
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Wild Garlic Leaves
- Wild Garlic is more subtle and delicate in flavour than the dried, cultivated bulbs but retains a potency characteristic of all wild plants.
- In season from February to May, the plants flourish in damp undergrowth near streams, ditches and rivers.
- From mid-April, the plants go to flower - use these delicate white leaves and seed pods as a powerful garnish. Stem, leaf and flower are all edible.
Take it further
- Finely chopped, folded into mayonnaise.
- Blend with pine nuts and parmesan as pesto.
Our packaging is plastic-free
- We have developed our own revolutionary packaging which is entirely plastic-free and home disposable. Each of our recyclable cardboard punnets is flow-wrapped with home-compostable film which, unlike traditional plastic flow-wrap, disintegrates within 180 days. Dispose of the black punnet in your normal recycling and the clear film in your food waste bin.
- Each punnet bears the ‘Plastic Free’ mark of A Plastic Planet, a grassroots movement which aims to turn off the plastic tap.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (11)
Bland - Very disappointing
Much less fragrant then freshly picked wild garlic - the pesto I got out of this was totally bland, I had to add garlic cloves to get some garlic hit.
this is terrible. All stalks and no leaves
This is the worst rip off Ive ever experience from natoora. For a supposed 75g box of wild garlic, which in the picture advertises all leaves with stalks trimmed very short, all I got when I weighed the leaves was 15g!!!! I complain to Ocado for a refund but they didnt even respond to my request. Total joke. Do not buy
Not as described
not as good as previous seasons, especially when so many stems have no leaves attached. The product is described as wild garlic leaves so I wouldn't expect only stems. However, early in the season product was much better with a mild taste and subtle aroma.
had these a few times, and really like them in salad (as opposed to cook like spinch as suggested), but hardly ever with the vast amount of pretty flowers as in the picture, so today i checked on flowers &found one, but the leaves were overgrown not delicate, and crunched into the package so they bruised. by the 'best before' date in 3 days time they surely be dead, such a shame!
fantastic seasonal product
I love these in salads , wilted with spinach and in pasta .
Not a patch on last year's
Wild Garlic is wonderful and when I can buy it, I do, however, last year despite costing the same it was far better value for money. This year, I got a very mature wild garlic, not as potent as it should be; the stalks are ridiculously long and thick and 5 stalks had no leave at all, just flowers... Big disappointment compared to what this could and should be!