£3.50£1.75 per 100g
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora French Agen DOP Prunes
- We source Agen Prunes direct from a third-generation grower in the heart of their DOP region in southwest France.
- Our grower harvests in August once the fruit has reached perfect ripeness, when their natural sugars are fully developed.
- Once harvested, the plums are then washed and dried for twenty hours, concentrating flavour in their dense flesh.
- These prunes are entirely natural: without dye or preservatives.
- Their orchards have the ideal growing conditions for plums: south-facing with maximum protection from winter frosts.
Take it further
- Poached in earl grey syrup, served with Greek yoghurt
- Baked into a custard tart
Natoora' radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
These prunes are entirely natural: without dye or preservatives. Their stone (intact) is essential to preserving their flavour and texture.
Natoora sources fruit & vegetables grown for flavour, supplying you with the same produce used by top chefs.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (27)
Not clear what method is used for drying up
I suspect the plums were dried up by industrial methods, not by natural process. I will not purchase them again.
Out of this world
First off I must admit to being a prune lover. Not for their digestive benefits - I just love the taste and texture (just not those pre-softened ones that feel like theyve sat in someone elses mouth for a while). Now these Natura prunes are a step beyond any other prune Ive had. I ate these as a treat. I ate them as dessert. I wanted to eat them instead of dinner but felt that may be going slightly too far. Needless to say Id wished I had bought two packages. Added bonus - the packaging is plastic free.
plump and tasty
Love these...that is when I can wrestle them out of husbands hands! Treat on their own. Recently added to pheasant stew with onion and sprouts. Simply roasted the bird in a one cook pot! Wow. (3 hours on low heat)
soft, moist, flavoursome
Delicious, Ive never tasted such beautiful prunes. I would highly recommend this product.
Juicy and delicious