FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Lautrec PGI Garlic
- Renowned for its delicate taste, we source Lautrec pink garlic direct from small-scale farms on the chalky hillsides of Tarn in southern France.
- Lautrec garlic is distinguished for its aromatic and subtle taste, sweeter and milder than its white cousin.
- Sown in open fields in the early autumn, our growers start their harvest in late June. The garlic is then hung to dry for at least a month, before it is cleaned, sorted and selected according to its strict PGI quality specification.
- The roots and stem of each head of garlic have to be trimmed, and all layers of skin removed by hand with a knife except for the last one, to reveal the pink cloves underneath.
-Grown without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers.
-We are committed to removing plastic from our supply chain. Our bio nets are made from the thinnings of sustainably-managed beechwood forests. They are 100% home compostable in your food waste bin
Take it further
- Roasted, blended into sauces
- Finely minced, emulsified into vinaigrette
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet"
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 4 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (12)
Rose de Lautrec is probably the best garlic of all but sadly the specimen I received was stale, full of brown decay, and a larva of something or other in one if the cloves. Hopefully just a quality control slip up...
Stale, Dry & Flavourless
The garlic I received was dry, stale and flavourless. It's as if it had been on a shelf for months - it definitely wasn't fresh! I won't buy this product from Natoora again considering the price paid, a disgrace!
Sadly a gamble!
When good it is the best garlic available but and often there is a but mine arrived with over half the individual cloves on both heads squishy, brown and decomposing! Expensive if you are unlucky and that's my issue with this supplier!
Good French garlic
Eye-wateringly expensive but good sized cloves
Excellent quality garlic that makes everything taste better. The best I've found.