FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Italian Mammole Artichokes
- We source Mammole Artichokes from their native growing region of Lazio.
- Mammole are a late season variety of artichoke known for its spherical, dense head and meaty leaves.
- With minimal choke and spineless bracts, very little is wasted.
- We only source from growers who share our dedication to minimum intervention growing - without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers - to guarantee good soil health and a natural rate of development.
- A hardy variety which will see us through to the spring, thanks to its excellent resistance to the cold.
Take it further
- Peel the stalk, trim the outermost leave and remove the choke. Slice thinly, toss with lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
- Prepare whole and braise slowly in white wine, parsley and olive oil.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 3 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (25)
Very disappointing. Leaves 'meatless', I discarded them after trying a few leaves. Choke tasteless, discarded most. I binned the second artichoke.
Very good artichokes
These artichokes were really nice, especially the stalks. Once prepared and peeled the flesh of the stalks was sweet and very delicious.
I read all the positive reviews and was so looking forward to these. Sadly, we found the leaves 'meatless' and lacking in flavour. The heart itself was nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. Our hunt for a good artichoke in the UK continues.
Really wonderful right now - including the stalks!
Fresh, plump, sweet and flavourful. Everything you could want in an artichoke including long stalks that turned out to be even sweeter and tastier inside than the main heart - I cut them off the bottom, peeled them and chucked them into the water towards the end of the main cooking time. Highly recommended - as long as you receive the actual artichokes and not a large cabbage instead, which happened to me too!
Sent cabbages in incorrectly labelled bags
Very disappointing, I ordered these artichoke and received 1 muddy little cabbage per pack. No artichoke in sight!
I received cabbages labelled as artichokes! Joke?!
What I received are cabbages labelled as artichokes. These are definitely not artichokes by a long shot, they're just plain old cabbages... not impressed at all.