FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Italian Vanilla Persimmon
- We source Vanilla Persimmons from Campania, where they grow without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers.
- Picked ripe, they will mature further off the tree but remain firm-fleshed and retain a mild astringency.
- Persimmons require a drop in temperature to undergo a process similar to bletting, converting their bitter tannins to sugars to reach full maturity.
- This natural bletting process can result in dark markings on the skin and in the flesh – far from signs of spoilage, these signal perfect ripeness and are intrinsic to the vanilla variety.
Take it further
- Slice thinly, toss with bitter leaves and ricotta.
- Cut into wedges, roast with honey.
Our packaging is plastic-free
- We have developed our own revolutionary packaging which is entirely plastic-free and home disposable. Each of our recyclable cardboard punnets is flow-wrapped with home-compostable film which, unlike traditional plastic flow-wrap, disintegrates within 180 days. Dispose of the black punnet in your normal recycling and the clear film in your food waste bin.
- Each punnet bears the ‘Plastic Free’ mark of A Plastic Planet, a grassroots movement which aims to turn off the plastic tap.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (28)
Only removing one star as sadly one of the fruit in the packet was rotten and bruised on one side.
These taste kinda like a cross between mangos and plums but theyre fiddly to eat and also get to the right level of ripeness. Interesting to try but I wouldnt buy regularly
I ate on day of purchase and hated. BUT
I then left them because I despised them. 10 days later, cut them to see and they were fabulous!
need to dry or overripe
They were all large and fresh It is extremely bitter and need to either dry them or overripe them similar to shibugaki in my opinion I have put them in food dehydrater which should give them into extra flavour and sweetness
Not much flavour and already completely brown inside, total ripoff. Natoora quality has really really deteriorated
yuck! rotten and tasteless.What a disappointment.