FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Italian Large White Onions
- We source these aromatic, flavoursome onions directly from our grower Matteo in Emilia Romagna, Italy’s most famous onion-growing region.
- The long plain in the valley of the River Pau and its rich, alluvial soil make the ideal growing ground for onions.
- Matteo specialises in White Onions, carefully selecting and conserving his crop to ensure a continuous, consistent vegetable.
- We’re able to trace our onions from field to plate, working with an experienced grower to dedicate the same care to these staples as we do to our more specialised items.
Take it further
- Macerated in white wine vinegar for a quick pickle.
- Sweated slowly with thyme and lemon zest, served with grilled pork chops.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 5 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (2)
Delicious, but normally rotten
We've been ordering these onions for over a year - they're delicious and I would recommend them, however, around 50% of the arrive rotten/mouldy. I always buy twice as many as I need, then closely investigate them and request refunds on the bad ones
Tasteless and one of the two was soft and past its SBD