FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Organic Avocado
- We source our Avocado from different points of origin through the year, chasing the seasons.
- Avocado complete their ripening off the tree, but the longer they stay there, the more fats and oils they accumulate, enriching their flavour and texture.
- Spanish avocados get an extra month of ripening, because there is no month of sea freight to factor in, and they arrive with us within days of pick in Cadiz. It is important to appreciate that the texture of this particular fruit is different: like butter at room temperature, which is not overripe, but how avocados should ideally be eaten.
- We're currently seeing exceptionally high oil levels in our avocado, which is very desirable and characteristic of peak season fruit. This can sometimes cause reddish streaks to appear around the stone when it is cut. This is not a sign of poor quality, rather of great quality. Any superficial redness disappears into the avocado flesh when it is mashed so will not affect the bright colour of your guacamole.
Take it further
- Sliced thin, tossed with salad and lemon oil.
- Serve with baked eggs and toasted sourdough.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
of Origin may vary seasonally: Mexico, Africa, Spain, |
Dominican Republic and South America
OrganicSuitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (22)
Very small, overripe, terrible taste
perfectly ripe but tiny
These are the tiniest avocados Ive ever seen.
Not only were they not ripe, after a week, I cut two open out of frustration that they still werent ripe and they were bendable rubber.
I have had these avocados before and always been pleased with them. However they seem to have been out of stock recently and when I finally managed to get some last week they were a dark colour inside and tasted strange and yet were just ripe, certainly not over-ripe. They were thrown away I'm afraid. This brand is not cheap and so I was unimpressed. I shall not be ordering them again.
I am very impressed with these avocados, they are lovely and ripe and no brown spots
These were a good size and ready to eat. So nice and creamy too.