FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Organic Unwaxed Bergamot Lemons (2 EACH)
- Early season, unwaxed green Bergamots direct from native Calabria.
- Almost exclusively used in the perfume industry for their essential oils, these are a potent culinary citrus that we first introduced to the UK in 2009.
- Although technically 'unripe', their floral aroma is most distinct early on in the season, before they reach full maturity.
- As the season progresses their sugars develop slowly with the dramatic fluctuation in day to night temperatures typical of the Calabrian coast.
- Available until January, when their skin turns a riper yellow and their distinct floral profile mellows out.
-We are committed to removing plastic from our supply chain. Our bio nets are made from the thinnings of sustainably-managed beechwood forests. They are 100% home compostable in your food waste bin
Take it further
- Use as you would a lemon - in baking, cocktails, marinades.
- Whisk with olive oil, dress grilled fish.
Natoora' radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
OrganicSuitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 4 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (48)
These are a game changer for a G&T, great idea from a previous reviewer to slice them and freeze.
Last year they were amazing - fragrant and delicious. I was so pleased when I saw them again but these had no fragrance and hardly any flavour.
I tried these Bergamot Lemons last winter (2022/3) on flash sale for G&Ts, life changing. Thankfully I bought more before end of a very short season, sliced them for freezing, work brilliantly, my supply is now running low and desperate for the new stock OCADO PLEASE LET ME BUY MORE SOON
So special and delicious in a G&T and squeezed over some curry. The smell alone is worth buying the fruit for! But very confused as everything I read says it’s not edible!
So fresh, plump and juicy without forgetting the best part which was the fragrant and delicate perfume
Exquisite, exceptional, outstanding!
These are outstanding! At first sight they appear bright green, underripe and hard, but on cutting them open they ooze juice and succulence. They are huge and have a glorious, exquisite perfumed citrus flavour and an exceptional aroma and fragrance. Plus, they are organic from Italy, not from the other side of the world! Another winner from Natoora!