FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Organic British Onion Squash
- Named for its shape, onion squash have a delicate, chesnutty flavour with a fine, edible skin.
- Sourced during their natural season of September to March from an organic farm in Cambridgeshire.
- Grown slowly in open fields, flavour and nutrients are concentrated in dense, tender flesh.
Take it further
- Roasted, blended into soup
- Blended into purée
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
OrganicSuitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 5 days excluding delivery day.
Suitable for Vegetarians
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (17)
Smaller than usual
Last year these were a good sized squash - enough for a family dinner, and very tasty. The one I recoved today was small, grapefruit sized - so not big enough to feed my family. At £4.90 it doesn't represent good value for money.
small but creamy
i enjoyed this. flash sale i think and glad i did. i roasted some with roast chicken dinner, a bit into a soup and a bit i roatsed and froze. its was creamy but did have a load of seeds which o roasted and the rest i am.saving to try grow on my allotment later in the year.
Received this yesterday and it was covered in mouldy sunken spots. Today, the spots are bigger and areas of skin are going mushy. I think it's destined for the bin. Never again.
Small and largely tasteless
Have had a number of these to make roast pumpkin soup and they have proved extremely disappointing. Have had other onion squashs which have the flavour of onion, these have little no flavour. The most recent had very little flesh and was completely tasteless, The lack of flavour I suspect is because they are not organic. Organic butternut squash is much better value and makes far better soup. Will not by buying again.
Bought it a few weeks ago on offer and it was wonderful, now bought again at full price and it is bitter, close to inedible. Would be nice to have better quality control given the price
so small fits in my hand!
I was shocked by the size of it... size of my palm, literally! I even took a pic and sent to a friend saying look at the super mini pumpkin! cute but expensive for the size.