Large British Crown Prince Pumpkin
- This old variety has distinctive grey-blue skin and orange flesh.
- Sourced during their natural season of September to March from an organic farm in Cambridgeshire.
- Grown slowly in open fields, these pumpkins have a sweet, nutty flavour and compact flesh that holds together well when cooked.
Take it further
- Roasted, blended into soup
- Blended into puré
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
OrganicSuitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 5 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 5.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (12)
really disappointing partic for the price
I love pumpkins and between Riverford and Ocado I buy and cook a lot. This one however, cooked for over an hour with garlic and oil, looked beautiful but was watery and tasteless and a frightful waste of money.
Last week I bought a £2 carving 🎃 for halloween and made a soup out of it which was OK. This week I bought this pumpkin. Much more expensive but equally a totally different taste and texture. I stir fried wedges of it with ginger, spring onion, chinese rice wine (1 tablespoon) and a cup of water with lid on the wok for 30 mins. Served with some toasted sesame seeds and peanuts sprinkled on it. It was food heaven and very filling. I will buy and make this dish again,
expensive but like no other
I bought this on offer and to carve for halloween but found it very meaty and decided to eat it instead! Such a dense pumpkin, unlike any other Ive had. I received a medium sides one and would def buy again...when on offer :-)
Good flavour but size so variable
I love all the autumnal squashes, roasted, baked, in soups and salads. Crown Prince is a tasty variety, but at the market I can pick out the size I want, and these are sometimes not large at all - you can't see what you are going to get. Currently very pricey compared to local shops.
lovely but expensive pumpkin
This pumpkin tastes nice, it is lovely but the price is far too much.
So disappointing. Used it to make soup with some squashes I got from Aldi, Aldi squashes had so much flavour, this tasted of nothing.