FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Organic Unwaxed Bergamot Lemons (2 EACH)
- Early season, unwaxed green Bergamots direct from native Calabria.
- Almost exclusively used in the perfume industry for their essential oils, these are a potent culinary citrus that we first introduced to the UK in 2009.
- Although technically 'unripe', their floral aroma is most distinct early on in the season, before they reach full maturity.
- As the season progresses their sugars develop slowly with the dramatic fluctuation in day to night temperatures typical of the Calabrian coast.
- Available until January, when their skin turns a riper yellow and their distinct floral profile mellows out.
-We are committed to removing plastic from our supply chain. Our bio nets are made from the thinnings of sustainably-managed beechwood forests. They are 100% home compostable in your food waste bin
Take it further
- Use as you would a lemon - in baking, cocktails, marinades.
- Whisk with olive oil, dress grilled fish.
Natoora' radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
OrganicSuitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 3 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (15)
These were not something I'd tried before but now that I have I'll be on the lookout for them. I used mine in a salad which added a new dimension to the flavour. There's recipe for them as well in a victoria sponge with lemon curd that sounds like fun. As a twist with gin or mineral water they'd be divine! Btw I received two when I ordered them, both very large and juicy.
Great to see these back My guests love them in water or g & t ! Can sometimes look less than perfect but taste wonderful.
best time of year, great these are back
Add .............. gin .............. tonic..........ice...........combine and be happy
didn't get to enjoy
didn't get to enjoy this expensive pair of lemons because they arrived well past their life expectancy.
for certain gins these are the perfect serve
Not just as a lemon or lime replacement, these have to be partnered properly with the correct gin. Waitrose Heston earl grey for example.
Amazing with GIN
Oh gosh, this bergamot is amazing. Totally makes a G&T better - didn't know that was possible!!