£9.60£48 per kg
Min. weight: 0.2 kg
Max. weight: 0.208 kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Sardinian Pecorino Romano
- Pecorino Romano is an aged sheep¿s milk cheese that we source direct from a family producer in Sardinia. As per legislation, production of Pecorino Romano is allowed only in Sardinia, Lazio and the Tuscan Province of Grosseto.
- Made using entirely Sardinian milk, sourced from sheep free to roam in open pastures within the area of production.
- Their foraged diet produces rich, naturally flavoursome milk, the vital ingredient to the Pecorino-making process.
- The cheese is aged for a minimum of five months, producing a hard, granular texture ideal for grating. When young, the cheese has a soft and rubbery texture with sweet and aromatic flavour.
- The flavour becomes sharper and smokier when aged for eight months or longer.
- Whole wheels of cheese are dry-salted by hand. This traditional process results in a deep, concentrated saline flavour with a slightly peppery note.
Take it further
- Serve with raw broad beans as an aperitivo.
- Grate into carbonara or cacio e pepe.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 5 days excluding delivery day.
|Typical Values||per 100ml|
|of which saturates (g)||24|
|of which sugars (g)||0|
Sheep’s Milk, Salt, Lamb Rennet, Lactic Starter.
Contains Lactose, Contains Milk
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (32)
I enjoyed it
I bought this on flash sale. I grated this and mixed with parmesan cheese. It went so well and made a creamy sauce for spaghetti. I will bu it again when it's on sale.
Not for me and too expensive
This is soo expensive for a tiny piece - I did get a flash sale though. The Pecorino Toscano is lovely but this Romano is not to my taste.. it tasted like imagine licking a sheep my taste... haha whereas the Toscano is much more palatable (to me anyway)
I loved this and family did too. Got it in the flash sale, full price it is a bit expensive, but worth it.
whey too salty
This cheese would only be suitable grated in small amounts on a dish. Just one small chunk as a snack has left the salty ocean behind. Incredibly disappointing.
Top quality pecorino. Expensive but worth it!
Premier League Cheese
Absolutely divine. You get what you pay for and this cheese is fantastic.