£3.99£2.00 per 100g
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Rosa Del Veneto Salad
- Forced Rosa del Veneto Salad straight from Veneto in nothern Italy. A variety of winter chicory, it has crisp leaves and a balanced, bitter flavour.
- We were the first to import it from Italy to the UK and from January, it comes direct from one of the few remaining sand-forcing growers in the country. This method creates a more delicate flavour, crisper texture, striking colour and fuller heads.
- In the autumn the heads are harvested from open fields, then the plant¿s outer leaves are removed and the remaining heart is placed in the dark to regrow. Growing in the ark, without photosynthesis, is what makes the leaves turn pink.
- This traditional forcing method allows the leaves to develop slowly, resulting in a crisp texture and a perfectly balanced flavour.
Take it further
- Paired in a salad with blood oranges and fennel.
- Tossed with lemon oil, served with fish.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (10)
Very wilted and mouldy
This radicchio is amazing! Has a bit of a milder taste than the red one (its bitter, for those who never tried radicchio before), and makes a perfect salad. I mixed it with pink grapefruit and a few yellow cherry tomatoes, and seasoned with just olive oil, salt and apple cider vinegar... looovely! Its a great side dish for grilled mains - maybe some chicken or white fish, definitely something to buy again (if on sale, its quite a treat).
Sadly full of mold!
Was excited about this product as I love Radicchio but it arrived full of mold on the root... Should not happen, specially from Natoora.
Beautiful and deliciously bitter
This radicchio makes the most beautiful salad, we added tangerines and avocado, and it has a more subtle bitterness when compared with other radicchios. It's lovely!
would buy again
Bought in a flash sale. Added depth and flavour to salads and kept well for several days again.
Pleasantly surprised by flash sale item
We like to have some fresh leaves in the fridge, but we don't get through very much. I added this to my order as it turned up as a last minute flash sale. I got a beautiful fresh head of pink lettuce. It wasn't as bitter as I expected - sort of sweet and sharp at the same time. We've got a bag of lambs lettuce as well, and we're adding a little of each to be most of our meals.