Natoora Tema Artichoke
- First of the winter artichokes from our grower Sanna in Cagliari, southern Sardinia.
- Tema are an early season variety known for its tightly-packed, meaty heads and supple stalks.
- Sanna lets his plants grow slowly in open fields, producing a tender artichoke which can be eaten raw - both stalk and head.
- Once their season is over, we will move to the cooler northern region of the island, Valledoria, where we work direct with Francesco.
- A hardy variety which will see us through to the spring, thanks to its excellent resistance to the cold.
Take it further
-Peel the stalk, trim the outermost leave and remove the choke. Slice thinly, toss with lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
-Prepare whole and braise slowly in white wine, parsley and olive oil.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 4 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (5)
Tasted good bit one of two was tiny
Too expensive at full price. I was lucky to get on flash sale and they did taste good and a lot can be eaten, but one of the two, was half the size of the other one. I would only recommend when on sale due to price.
They were so sooo tiny, size of tomatoes really...very disappoiting compare to the real size artichokes we had in France.
Succulent and fresh
The stalks had not yet turned brown when these arrived - They were supremely fresh. I cooked and served these the day after delivery and they were definitely satisfactory.
Nice but too pricey really.
lovely little artichokes
Full of flavour! Not so big but they are tender