FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Sardinian Tema Artichoke
- First of the winter artichokes from our grower Sanna in Cagliari, southern Sardinia.
- Tema are an early season variety known for its tightly-packed, meaty heads and supple stalks.
- Sanna lets his plants grow slowly in open fields, producing a tender artichoke which can be eaten raw - both stalk and head.
- Once their season is over, we will move to the cooler northern region of the island, Valledoria, where we work direct with Francesco.
- A hardy variety which will see us through to the spring, thanks to its excellent resistance to the cold.
Take it further
-Peel the stalk, trim the outermost leave and remove the choke. Slice thinly, toss with lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
-Prepare whole and braise slowly in white wine, parsley and olive oil.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 4 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (25)
Waste of money
Sadly no artichoke meat in leaves or in the centre.
Very small and very little taste
My own fault for buying out of season but these had nothing to recommend them, were terribly small so very little on the leaves and a tiny heart, and were an expensive mistake.
Boil in hot water for five minutes and then griddled flesh side down for ten minutes. Serve with melted butter. Great when on flash sale. Generally always delighted with Natoora products
mouldy and rotten
Disappointed to open my bag 2 days after delivery a d within date, to find a mouldy, slimy, mess. A previous different variety of artichokes from natoora had been fantastic, so I think I was just unlucky. glad ocado is good at refunds, given the expense of these!
Best artichoke ever
Very happy with this product. I hope we could taste more from Sardinia!
Great in Feb
Got these in 2 for 1. Delicious in February as they are in season. Just cut end off, stick in pot with an inch or two of veggie broth and cook for 15-20 mins until soft. YUM!!