£3.99£9.98 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Sicilian Pomegranate
- We source our exceptionally heavy, syrup-rich Pomegranates direct from Dino, our grower in Sicily.
- Dino introduced Pomegranates to Sicily back in 2010. He first travelled to research seed varieties, soil composition and growing techniques and then had to wait three years to see his Sicilian trees bear fruit.
- It was worth it: his ripe, dark seeded pomegranates are a world apart from the bland, long-travelled fruit we see on the market.
- Dino practices an advanced technique in canopy management: promoting even ripening and screening the fruits from sun damage that bleaches their seeds.
Take it further
- Slice into quarters horizontally, whack the outer skin with a wooden spoon to remove seeds
- Tossed with citrus segments and poached pears for a winter fruit salad
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 2.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (26)
So much tastier than the packed stuff. Gorgeous fruit. 5 stars, super organic and natural
I was hoping to be a bit more sweeter as it is in season. Regret, it was too bitter for my liking and I don't even have a sweet tooth!
This one was perfect
Its hit and miss with all pomegranates sold by Ocado but when you get a good one its worth it. You have to know when to peel them too. This one is the best so far but they are all variable and the hand picked stuff is usually sour.
brown and bruised
Brown, soft in parts and damaged. Natoora quality very inconsistent. Would not recommend given price. Better to buy off shelf.
very big. good quakity
Big and goid quality
We couldnt eat it got it in the flash sale